HP Deskjet 2020 Printer Setup
The HP Deskjet 2020 printers are efficient printers with the support to varied uses and supports. It allows printing, faxing, scanning and copying on a single device without any extra additional software. Deskjet 2020 printers is enhanced with wireless capability and mobile printing using both android and iOS devices.
Dj2020 Printer Setup
The HP Deskjet 2020 printers is packed well in a safe carton box. The printer has to be unboxed and the necessary initial setups and connections are to be done. The HP Deskjet 2020 printers perform well only if the printer driver software is installed on the computer.
Dj2020 Driver Install
The HP Deskjet 2020 printer provides the users with facilities to print, to send a fax, to scan and to copy. This printer is connected to your computer and linked on it by using the printer driver software which is readily available on the 123 hp dj2020 or CD’s.
Due to few connectivity or network problem, the HP Deskjet 2020 printers may not work properly. Those issues can easily be rectified and cleared and then your printer would work fine later. The most common problem that arises in this printer is the connectivity issues.
HP Deskjet 2020 First Time Printer Setup
Step 1: Remove the Dj2020 Printer from the Box
- First tear away all the tapes on the HP Deskjet 2020 printer package using a sharp object.
- Now, remove the HP Deskjet 2020 printer from the box.
Step 2: Connect the Dj2020 into the Power Cord
- Take the power cord from the accessories pack and check for any damage.
- Then, connect the power cord to the rear side of the HP Deskjet 2020 printer and the power supply.
Step 3: Install the Dj2020 Ink Cartridges
- Open the ink cartridge and remove the orange pull up tab and remove the orange cap.
- Match the color dot on the carriage slots with the color of ink cartridge and insert the ink cartridge on the respective slot gently.
Step 4: Install the Dj2020 Printer Software
- To install the printer driver software for you HP Deskjet 2020 printer, visit 123.hp.com/dj2020
- Install the downloaded software on your Windows computer and ensure that you have not connected the USB cable between your printer and the computer before installation.
Dj2020 First Time Setup
The setup of your printer for the first time may seem like a tedious and a long process. Before you set up your printer for the first time, find a suitable and safe place for a printer such that it’s flattened and grounded and convenient for you to use your printer.
Dj2020 Driver Download
To achieve and enjoy the best performance from your HP Deskjet 2020 printers, you’ll have to download the driver software for your printer. This enhances the quality of your print with high resolution, especially when it comes to printing a photo where a resolution of the photo print is more important.
Dj2020 USB Setup
During the initial setup of your HP Deskjet 2020 printer, connect your HP printer and computer using a USB cable which is already provided with the printer package. To enjoy the full featured performance of the HP printer device, connect your USB cable only when it is prompted.
Dj2020 Wireless Setup
The process of connecting your HP printer to a network through a Wireless setup is one among the latest techniques. It makes the print job much easier when compared to the typical wired network connections. This allows you to print from anywhere without even any actual personal contact with printer.
Dj2020 HP Mobile Print
The HP mobile print feature makes the printing job much easier by using just one application installed on your mobile device. You can just assign print job from where you are through the mobile print application installed on your mobile device through a wireless connection.
Dj2020 Features Setup
The HP Deskjet 2020 printer offers a varied use of printing, faxing and scanning. All these features can be implemented to achieve the quality in every job. The features setup is a onetime process and will be saved and remembered by the printer and followed in every use of the printer.
HP Deskjet 2020 Driver Installation
The driver software available for the HP Deskjet 2020 printer are those with the complete package. Also download the most recent and the updated version of driver software. These software helps you to use and bring out the best performance from your HP printer.
HP Deskjet 2020 Driver Install For Windows
To install the driver software for HP Deskjet 2020 printer on the Windows computer, follow the steps below:
- Open the browser on your windows computer and go to the 123 hp deskjet 2020
- On the web site, select the printer model as HP Deskjet 2020 printer when prompted. The web site will display a list of driver software package download links.
- Select the software to be downloaded that is the most recent updated version and efficient and click download.
- After the download process is over, install the software on the Windows computer.
- Follow as the on screen instructions direct and select the connection as USB connection when prompted.
- Connect the USB cable with the HP Deskjet 2020 printer and the computer.
- Make sure that you connect the USB cable at the right port and use a proper USB cable at good condition.
- When the on screen instructions pops up a notification that the software for your HP Deskjet 2020 printer is been installed, the installation process is over.
HP Deskjet 2020 Driver Install For MAC
To install the driver software for the HP Deskjet 2020 printer on a MAC computer, follow the steps below:
- Turn on the HP Deskjet 2020 printer device and make sure that it is not connected with the computer.
- If both are connected using an USB cable, then disconnect it and connect it only when prompted.
- Open the browser on your MAC computer and go to 123.hp.com/dj2020 and then to Software and drivers downloads.
- The web site would prompt you to select the printer model and select the model as HP Deskjet 2020 printer.
- Follow the on screen instructions as directed to download the driver software. Remember to download a software package that consist of all features sufficient for you printer and your necessities.
- Open the HP Easy start file and install it on your computer.
- When the instructions prompt you to select the connection type to connect your HP printer device, select it as the USB cable.
- Connect the USB cable with the printer and the computer only when directed.
HP Deskjet 2020 Ink Cartridge Installation
To install the ink cartridge on the printer, follow the steps given below:
- Remove the ink cartridge from the package and tear away the tapes and wrappers around the ink cartridge.
- Take away the orange pull up tab on the ink cartridge and make sure that you don’t touch any copper contacts.
- Then, twist the orange cap in the counter clockwise direction until it comes off. Then remove the wrapper and stickers around the ink cartridge.
- Open the ink cartridge access door on HP Deskjet 2020 printer and remove any tapes or wrappers, if present inside it.
- Now, check the color dots present on each slots of the ink cartridge carriage and match them with the color of the ink cartridge.
- Now, place the ink cartridge in the respective slot according to the colors and insert it gently.
- After you have placed all the ink cartridge on their respective slots, close the ink cartridge access door.
HP Deskjet 2020 Wireless Mobile Printing
The HP Deskjet 2020 printer supports wireless network setup and this printer can be set to the wireless connection through Auto Wireless Connect. This enhances your HP Deskjet 2020 printer to use the mobile printing feature which uses a wireless connection and is very useful in printing any document when the printer not accessible.
HP Deskjet 2020 Airprint Setup
Airprint Setup (MAC)
To setup your HP Deskjet 2020 printer with the AirPrint feature, follow the steps given below from 123.hp.com/setup 2020:
- Before you attempt to setup your HP Deskjet 2020 printer with the AirPrint feature, make sure that you use an Apple device with the iOS of version 4.2 or later.
- Also, complete the initial setup of the HP Deskjet 2020 printer and the driver software installations.
- To use the AirPrint feature, you’ll have to connect your printer to the internet through a Wireless connection.
- If you have already connected using the USB or Ethernet cable, disconnect it.
- Then, connect your HP Deskjet 2020 printer to a wireless network using the wireless option on the Printer Control Panel.
- From the Wireless Setup Wizard, select your network name and connect your HP printer device with that network connection.
- If your network name is unavailable on the list, select Enter New Network Name and type the Network name when prompted.
- Then, connect your Apple mobile device to the same wireless network connection.
HP Deskjet 2020 ePrint Setup
Dj2020 ePrint Setup for MAC
To setup your HP Deskjet 2020 printer to ePrint using the windows computer, follow the steps given below:
- Before you setup your HP Deskjet 2020 printer with ePrint feature, make sure that you have not connected your printer with the computer using a USB cable.
- Now, on the Printer Control Panel of your HP printer, select the ePrint option.
- The Printer Setup Instructions printed will hold information about the email address of your HP Deskjet 2020 printer to send print job email from any mobile device.
Dj2020 ePrint Setup for MAC
To set your HP Deskjet 2020 printer to ePrint feature on your MAC computer, follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the ePrint option present on the Printer Control Panel of your HP printer.
- When the prompt pops up to turn on the web services, turn it on.
- Once the printer is turned on with the web services, the printer will print the Printer Setup Instructions.
- The email address of the Printer will be available on Printer Setup Instructions page, 123.hp.com/setup 2020 which is used to print from any mobile device.
HP Deskjet 2020 Cloud Print Setup
Cloud Print Setup for Windows
To setup your HP Deskjet 2020 printer with the Google cloud print feature on a Windows computer, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer or the Chrome book and sign in to your personal Google account.
- Search for the devices linked to the Chrome on the browsers.
- If your 123.hp.com/setup dj2020 printer is listed under the new devices list, click Register.
- Download the Cloud Print application on your android mobile device and open the settings menu.
- Under printing, tap next to the Cloud print to turn on the cloud printing feature.
Cloud Print Setup for MAC
To setup your HP Deskjet 2020 printer to the Cloud Print feature using a MAC computer, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Google chrome browser on your MAC computer and sign in to your personal Google account.
- Search for devices linked to the Chrome and press enter.
- The list of printers registered will be listed on My devices list indicating that your printer is already registered.
- Now, on your android device, download and install the Cloud Print application.
- On the settings menu of Cloud Print application, go to Printing and tap next to Cloud Print.
HP Deskjet 2020 Connectivity Setup
For the best performance of the HP Deskjet 2020 printer, you can connect your printer with any network. The internet connection provided through the router will have to be connected to your printer using an Ethernet cable or a wireless connection. The printer can be just connected to a network through a wireless connection by turning on the Wi-Fi on your router.
Step 1: Dj2020 Compatibility
- Before you start off with the process of connecting your HP Deskjet 2020 printer with the wireless connection, turn on the wireless router, printer and the computer.
- Also make sure that the wireless router is connected to the internet.
- Know the network name and password and also the computer which is connected to the network.
Step 2: Software installation for HP Dj2020 Printer
- If your HP Deskjet 2020 printer is connected to the wired network using an USB or Ethernet cable, disconnect it.
- Download the printer driver software for your HP printer from the HP site and install it on your computer and complete the process.
Step 3: Dj2020 Wireless Printer setup
- On the Printer Control Panel of your HP Deskjet 2020 printer, touch the wireless option and go to the setup menu.
- Under the wireless setting on 123 hp setup dj2020 Wireless Setup Wizard, select your wireless network name from the list of networks displayed.
- If your own network name is unavailable on the list, select Enter New Network Name and follow the instructions and click ok.
- Complete the process of connecting your HP Deskjet 2020 printer to the wireless connection automatically.
Step 1: Dj2020 Printer software installation
- Visit to the official HP site and select the printer model as HP Deskjet 2020 printer. From the list of software listed, select and download the suitable software for your printer.
- Install the software on your computer and follow the on screen instructions as directed and complete the installation process.
Step 2: DJ2020 Wireless Printer setup
- After the driver software package is been downloaded and installed, check if the router is turned on and the Wi-Fi feature is turned on.
- Now, on the Printer Control Panel, connect your HP Deskjet 2020 printer to your wireless network through the wireless setup option.
Step 3: Pushbutton mode
- You can connect your HP Deskjet 2020 printer to the wireless network by using the Push button method. For that, under the Network option, when the prompt to select the method appears, choose the Push button.
- Now, on your wireless router, press and hold the WPS button for about 3 seconds or more.
- After a while, the wireless status indicator will be lit indicating that the HP Deskjet 2020 printer is been connected to the wireless network connection.
Step 1: Dj2020 Wireless Setup
- After completing the initial printer setups, turn on your HP Deskjet 2020 printer and your wireless router.
- Now, on the Printer Control Panel of the HP printer, open the wireless settings.
- The HP Deskjet 2020 Wireless Setup Wizard opens and displays a list of networks. Select your network name from that list.
- If prompted, authenticate your network and continue with the other process.
Step 2: Dj2020 Printer Software install
- After the initial setups for the HP Deskjet 2020 printer is over, go to the official HP site.
- Select the Printer model as HP Deskjet 2020 printer and the website will display a list of available software package suitable for your printer device.
- Select a suitable software package and download it from 123.hp.com
- After the software is downloaded, install it on your computer. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- When the prompt to select the connection type appears, choose the wireless connection and follow as instructed.
HP Deskjet 2020 Wireless Setup
Wireless setup is the convenient and admirable tool, that most of the 123 HP printer makes ease of printing jobs, but the initial setup alone needs more attention to setup the process. Once, it has been done, then it will become very simple and makes you comfort with this setup. Now, most of the people prefer this Hp 2020 wireless setup and enjoy it. Also, you can download HP Deskjet 2020 printer wireless driver from 123.hp.com/dj2020.
To connect your HP Deskjet 2020 printer to a wireless network connection, follow the steps given below:
- After the completion of initial setup of your HP Deskjet 2020 printer, make sure that you have made the connections perfect.
- Also make sure that you have not connected your HP printer and the computer through an USB cable.
- Now, turn on your printer, wireless router and the windows computer to connect your HP printer device to the wireless network.
- On the Printer Control Panel of your HP Deskjet 2020 printer, go to wireless settings.
- The Wireless Setup Wizard opens and displays a list of available wireless networks for your printer.
- From the list of networks, select the name of your wireless network and connect your printer to it.
- If the printer panel prompts you to type the password for your wireless network, authenticate it with exact password.
- If the wireless status indicator is lit on your HP printer, then printer is connected to your wireless network.
To connect your HP Deskjet 2020 printer to the wireless network along with the MAC computer, follow the steps below:
- Before proceeding to any other steps, setup your HP Deskjet 2020 printer with the first time settings and connect all the additional accessories to it.
- Make sure that you check the working of your HP printer and also disconnect the USB cable if it is connected between your printer device and the MAC computer.
- Ensure that your wireless router and the MAC computer is also turned on.
- Now, go to the wireless settings on the Printer Control Panel of your HP Deskjet 2020 printer.
- The list of available wireless networks will be displayed on the Wireless Setup Wizard of your printer panel.
- Select your wireless network name and connect the printer to it. If it prompts you to authenticate, type the password of your network manually.
- If the wireless status indicator is lit, then your printer is connected to your wireless network.
HP Deskjet 2020 Troubleshooting
When the HP Deskjet 2020 printer is indicated as Offline on your Windows computer, follow the steps below to resolve it:
- First check if your HP printer is turned on and in the ready state.
- If it is not in ready state, turn off the printer and turn it on again.
- On your Windows, open the Devices and Printers and check your printer name. If it is active, right click on the printer name and select Set as Default Printer.
- Try to print. If the problem still persists, continue with the next steps.
- Check if the wireless connections are good and the wireless router is with an active internet connection.
- If the HP Deskjet 2020 printer is connected to a network through a wired connection, then check if the cable is undamaged and is connected on the right port.
- If necessary, update your HP Deskjet 2020 Printer driver software from 123 hp dj2020 setup.
- Try to attempt printing and if you can find your printer name while specifying the Printer name to print and then prints your document, then the issue is been cleared.
When your print job gets stuck halfway on the print job queue and blocks other jobs, follow the steps below to resolve it:
- The very basic method of restarting your HP Deskjet 2020 printer must be done. Then check if all the power cord connections is correct and see if the power cords are connected on the right port.
- On your Windows computer, go to start and search for Services on the search bar. The list of services on your windows computer will be displayed.
- From the list of services, select the Spooler.
- Right click on the Spooler service and click Stop.
- After the Spooler is been stopped, go to the Printers folder on your C drive of the computer and delete all the files in the Printers folder.
- Now, restart your computer and HP Deskjet 2020 printer and make sure that it was plugged out for at least a minute.
- Turn on the HP printer and the windows computer and then try to print.
- If the print jobs are carried out without any hurdles or delay, then the issue is been resolved.
123-hp-com.net is an independent third-party providing assistance on printer basic setup, driver installation and connectivity issues. The logo, trademarks, brand names, product and services are only for the reference purpose. We disclaim any ownership to any of these and we are not responsible for any warranty or free service as mentioned from the manufacturer. Users are advised to go through our terms and policies before availing any service.